This area is used to create a new project from a set of SIF formatted files. Before importing, some additional information will need to be specified. The Import Language drop-down menu determines the project language of the new project.
Swatches referenced by a SIF catalog may be accompanied by a special XML document describing the material. If a directory is specified for Swatches Directory, that directory will be searched for such files, and the relevant information (DPI resolution) will be read into the new project. Note that all materials will be imported as .jpg file and the materials without an XML document will use the default DPI setting (100 x 100 px/IN).
If the Use referenced 3D-file for 2D setting is not checked, the 2D and 3D models in the SIF catalog will be used accordingly: 2D model with the PlanView usage type (model used in 2D View only) and the 3D model with the 3DView usage type (model used in 3D view only). If Use referenced 3D-file for 2D is checked, the 3D model used in the SIF catalog will replace the 2D model with the 3DAndPlanView usage type (model used in both in 2D and 3D views).
Using referenced 3D-file for 2D setting.
The unit of Currency will need to be set for the prices imported, this setting determines the price list currency of the new project.
The Import Files section is used to specify the location of the SIF files. Note that if all of the files are in the same location and they share the same base filename, the Auto-Fill button can find all the files that match the Toc-file, and fill in the fields automatically.
- Toc-file (.TOP, .1): Sets the catalogue code, catalogue name, and description and the table of content of the new project.
- Product-file (.KEY, .2): Sets the product description, price, and features linked of products.
- Option-file (.OPT, .3): Sets the options of features.
- Symbol-file (.in, CAD.KEY): Sets the model of products.
- Feature Layer and Option Mtrl-file (.MON): Sets the material application of the options and features.
- Product Layer and Mtrl-file (.PLI): Sets the material application of the products.
- Layer default Material (.FIX): Sets the application area for the new project.
- Pl-file (.0): Sets the pricelist of the new project.
The Enterprise/Manufacturer code is default to “Dummy” after the import, the user is required to change to correct code manually.
The imported data may be either imported into a new project or merged into the current project. To create a new project from the import, select the Import button at the bottom of the SIF area. To selectively merge the import into the current project, press the Merge button at the bottom of the SIF area. This will also populate the Project Merge area with the new data.