A connector represents a rule describing how a product may physically connector of ‘snap’ to other products. Note that these connectors are not applied directly to products, and contain now positional information. They may be given a list of references to other connectors to limit which connectors it is allowed to snap to.
Connectors have the following attributes:
- Code – Every connector must have a unique code to distinguish it from other connectors. These codes are never presented to the user.
- Attaches – A list of references to other connectors, made by their codes. When references exist in this list, the connectors may only attach to connectors in this list. If the list is empty, the connector may attach to any other connector.
- Is Attach : Determines whether the connector should be an attach point. Attach point does not connect and will not appear as a connector.
- Visible – Determines whether the connector should be visible.
- Always visible : When set as ‘visible’, the connector works as normal: it may attempt connections and may be the recipient of connections.
- Never visible : When set to ‘Never Visible’, the connector will not appear on the symbol when placed in a drawing, and may not attempt to connect to other symbols. It may, however, be the recipient of connections.
- Visible only for main product : When set to "Visible only for main product", the connector will only appear when the product it is set on is a Main product
- Visible only for additional product : When set to "Visible only for additional product", the connector will only appear when the product it is set on is an additional product of a main product.
- Connectable : Defines a rule to the connector on whether should it be able to connect to another connector.
- Always Connectable : The connector will able to connect as long as the attach defined matches
- Only for main product : The connector will be able to connect to an attach as long as the connector's product and the attach's product is a main product.
- Only for additional product : The connector will able to connect as long as the connector's product and the attach's product is an additional product.
- Rule – A reference to a special connection rule in CET.