1. Check that your system meets the hardware requirements
Please start by reviewing our system requirements for Virtual Reality, which can be found here. While the Virtual Viewer might run on a system with lower performance, it is not recommended to do so as the end experience would probably be very poor.
2. Ensure that the correct graphics driver is installed
3. Install the Oculus Rift Software or Steam Platform
Virtual Viewer VR is built for use with Oculus Rift or HTC Vive VR headsets.
In order to use Virtual Viewer VR with the Oculus Rift headset, you will need to get the installer for Oculus Rift here. Newer versions of Occulus may require you to link to a Facebook account.
In order to use Virtual Viewer VR with HTC Vive, you will need to install Steam as well as SteamVR. You can access Steam here. Follow the installation instructions for setup and remember to restart your computer once the installation is completed.
After you have Steam installed, you will also need to install SteamVR. Follow this link and click on the green Play game button. This will take you to the Steam application where you can install SteamVR.
4. Install Virtual Viewer for CET
- Make sure that you have a license for the version of Virtual Viewer that you wish to use.
- Go to the Marketplace and click Install on the desired Virtual Viewer Extension.
- Go to CET and check for updates in the Help Menu. If you already see the yellow banner prompting you to update, click "Show details" to make sure that the Virtual Viewer is included in the list of extensions to be installed. If not, go back to the help menu and select "Check for updates."
- Once the download is completed, click "Restart with updates". This will then install the Virtual Viewer Extension and will automatically restart CET.
5. Connect your gamepad (can be skipped if not using a gamepad)
Connect the gamepad to the computer and verify that it works. Virtual Viewer has been tested with both an Xbox One gamepad and an Xbox 360 gamepad for Windows, though most other Windows compatible gamepads should work.
6. Start the Virtual Viewer
First, run SteamVR or Oculus. Then, from CET, open the Virtual Viewer tab. Click the Virtual Viewer icon to get started.
To move around inside of the Virtual Viewer, learn about navigating here.