Alternatives are an easy way to keep track of projects with multiple options for finishes or layouts in one drawing file. They can also be used for reconfigurations or multiple levels in the same project.
To create two alternative drawings, follow these steps:
- First, create the main drawing.
- Next, open the Tools drop-down menu and select Alternatives.
- A dialog box with the same name opens:
- Click the Create button.
- The dialog box expands and two names are shown: Alternative 1 and Alternative 2. The latter is automatically selected.
- Edit the Alternative Name and add a description.
- In the dialog box, you can now switch between your two alternative solutions. The drawing information of both alternatives is saved in the same file.
- Close the dialog box by clicking the button in the top-right corner.
- The name of the current Alternative will be displayed in the title bar:
- To create more alternatives, click the Create button again.
- Remove an alternative without selecting it first by using the red removal X on each row, or select the X to the right of the alternative name for any alternative that is not selected.
Above the Create button in the Alternatives dialog, there is a checkbox to Keep camera position. When checked, the same camera will retain its angle, pitch, elevation, etc. when switching to a new alternative. When it is unchecked, the camera will return to the position it was at when the alternative was last visited.