News & Changes
- When setting up models, you can now designate any given mesh on a model to function as a light source, causing it to give off light. Light can be based on either the material set for the mesh, or a designated temperature or color.
- You can now add support for the new mirroring tools through the Feature and Products tabs. If your product is not set up to support mirroring, the mirroring tools will flag it as red for the users to indicate that it cannot be mirrored. The Validation tab now automatically includes checks for the mirror settings.
- We are updating some definitions for setting up stretching. The old Model Measure Point will be replaced by Anchor Point and get accompanying icons for anchor Start and End points:
Anchor points can also be set for External references and Additional products, to allow stretching.
- Added an icon to indicate if measure parameters are being propagated to additional products:
We are also adding colors to help indicate the status of applied measure parameters on Connectors, External references, and Additional products:
- A new FR indicator has been added for Feature references.
- When working in the Products tab, you can now copy cell contents from the Code column and paste them into a cell in the Additional products column. If you copy multiple cells at once, you can still paste them into a single cell.
- Added support in the Scheme tab for setting a Group icon to be displayed to the users in the Scheme Explorer dialog of CET.
- Added support in the Scheme tab for creating groups of presets to be made available to the users in the Scheme Explorer dialog of CET. This includes support for rendering high quality thumbnails directly in the Creator dialog.
- Stretching can be set to either follow a series of predefined size steps, or to allow more freeform stretching.
- Stretching can now also be enabled for individual Additional products and External references.
- Stretch parameters can now be propagated from the main product to Additional products.
- The Find and Replace tool can now replace numeric values in the Code Range Min, Max, Inc, and Discrete Number cells.
- Cascading changes has been expanded to also work for the Additional products and Code range columns.
- Behavior for inputting code ranges and discrete values have changed. Individual discrete numbers will now be entered into their own individual rows, instead of all being crammed into one cell. You can now also set up overlapping Code ranges. Previously background automation would prevent this type of setup but will now instead divide them into separate ranges.
- Added a check to the Validation tab to help ensure products in the Component Tab Creator do not have any missing or invalid options or features.
- The Scheme builder now supports pushing Features using Feature code when Group code is not available.
- To improve workflow, you can now drag & drop Group codes to the Add a section area, this will automatically include all Feature options. Groups created this way contain all feature options available in the group, but is limited to top-level options only.
- When a group code is selected, the lower right domain preview switches to show all the Features that uses this group code.
- In addition, we have now added an option to control which materials should show the button that allows end-users to propagate materials.
- When applying created rules, you can now choose to apply them to all features within a section:
- For the sake of consistency and keeping it easy to recognize CET-related file formats, the .pslayout format is being renamed to .cmpsl. You will still be able to load and use old files.
We also took the opportunity to fix a problem with loading of .pslayout files from external resource directories; you will now be given the option to copy the file to the local resource directory, rather than have it fail or forcing an unwanted name change.
- Fixed problem with one of the Model Lab help dialogs incorrectly replacing some line breaks with <▯> when using Norwegian language settings.
- Fixed problem with Vendor name not always updating correctly in the dropdown on the Project tab.
- Fixed problem with Find and Replace that could cause the find highlights to remain visible after closing the Find and Replace dialog.
- Fixed problem with removal of External references that would cause the first feature in the tree view to move to the top of the tree.
- Fixed problem with the Geometry tab that would prevent zoom levels for 2D/3D from being reset when switching products.
- Fixed problem with drag move of features in the Feature view, that could cause the pointer to disappear while dragging.
- Fixed problem with stretching of parent products that would cause their children to jump or break their graphics during stretch.
- Fixed problem with stretching that would leave all connectors visible instead of only the one being used.
- Fixed problem with using Connectors as attach points, which could cause the green arrows to still show.
- Fixed problem with objects disconnecting after changing measurements through the quick properties.
- Fixed problem with nested SKU unit without a delimiter that would cause the parent's delimiter to be used.
- Fixed problem with precision that would not allow decimals for millimeter measurements.
- Improved clarity of the quick properties for additional products; additional separators and text fixes should hopefully make this easier to understand.
- Simplified tooltips for Additional products by removing duplicate listings of Company, Catalogue and Price list unless they are different from the main product.
- Fixed problem with Cascade changes to all options with the same code that would prevent changes from cascading to Additional products.
- Fixed problem with dragging of products from the Navigator to the Geometry tab that could prevent them from being added as Additional products.
- Fixed problem with the Product and Geometry tabs that would allow products from different vendors to be added together.
- Fixed problem with Propagation that would prevent Optional Selects from additional products from propagating.