One method for finding components is to use the Search component tab:
To search for a component, follow these steps:
- Enter a search term in the input field; it could be a component name, a category or a part number.
- Click the Search button. The search result is shown in the area below.
- Left-click and release on the desired component and move the cursor to the drawing area. Left-click and release to place the component in your drawing.
When you have searched for and selected a component, you have four buttons at the top of the results area:
- Collapse: Minimize the list. This button is only active when the list is expanded.
- Open advanced search dialog: Open the advanced search dialog to narrow your search.
- Find component: Navigate to the tab where the component can be found and a Here arrow will flash briefly:
Locate in browser: Click to see where the component is located in the Catalogue Explorer.
Advanced Search Dialog
Use the advanced search function if you would like to further define your search.
You have the following options:
- All of these words: Every word in this field should be found in the search result.
- This exact phrase: Search results should contain an exact phrase.
- Any of these words: Results will include all components with one or more of the words in its name.
- None of these words: Exclude results with these words.
- Search all languages: Include all languages in CET. The search result will always be displayed in the language you have specified in the Region Tab of the Control Panel.
- Case sensitive: When checked, the search distinguishes between upper-case letters and lower-case letters.
- Match similar words: If you do not know exactly how the name of a component is spelled, check this box for more forgiving search results.
- Simple search (1): Click to collapse the advanced search options.
- Collapse (2): Click to minimize the search results list. This button is only visible when the list is expanded.
- Expand (2): Click to expand the list all branches of the tree view in the search results. This button is only visible when the list is collapsed.
- Locate in browser (3): Click to see where the component is located in the Catalogue Explorer.
- Find component (4): The component tab where the component can be found will open.