On the General tab, you can adjust settings for the overall behavior and appearance of CET.
The General tab in the Control Panel
- Work mode: Adjusts appearance and functionality in CET. Read more >>
- Snap points: Change the size of the yellow snap points in the drawing area. Recommended setting is 1.
- Angle Step: Set a degree to which lines placed (walls, arrows, rectangles, etc.), as well as rotated objects, will snap to for easier, precise placement. Read more >>
- Select a component when a component tab is selected: CET will automatically pick a default component to place in the drawing when switching to a different component tab. For example, if the Wall Drawing tab is selected, a regular straight wall will immediately be on your cursor to place in the drawing.
- Select last component tab at startup: When CET is opened, the last selected component tab from when you last closed the program will be open.
- Show accelerator key hints: Displays the keyboard shortcuts when hovering over the green properties boxes that are displayed when placing components in the drawing area.
- Preview prices: See the current total price in the top right corner of the program window.
- Show measure button in distance fields: Shows the Ruler icon in the distance fields of the quick properties.
- Enable multiple drawings: Allows having up to five drawings opened at the same time. Read more >>
- Application color settings: Click button to open the window to change the colors in CET. Read more >>