The Incrementer tool makes it easy to quickly number or label rooms, areas, or objects in your drawing. You can provide a short description before (Prefix) or after (Suffix) the increment to give more specific information.
While using the Incrementer, the tool automatically advances to the next number or letter every time you place one in your drawing area. Also, you can manually tell it what its next increment should be. Selecting a placed number or letter lets you edit its text style or layering properties.
To add short labels with the Incrementer tool, follow these steps:
- Select the Incrementer tool from the Tools component tab.
- Move the mouse pointer to the 2D drawing area. A property box opens.
- If needed, you can specify the increment type (1, 2, 3... or A, B, C...), add a Prefix and/or Suffix, or decide what the next value should be.
- Repeatedly left-click to continue placing incremented numbers or letters.
- Once you are finished, hit Esc on your keyboard, or move your cursor outside of the drawing area to escape the command.
After placing an increment in the drawing area, you can select it to bring up the properties box where you can modify the settings further:
Prefix: Set unique text to precede incremented number or letter.
Incrementer Type: Change the type of pattern increment should follow - numbers or letters.
Value: Reset the value of selected increment
Suffix: Set unique text to follow incremented number or letter.
Elevation: Arrange order of 2D shapes in the drawing view.
Text Style: Use drop-down to select a pre-defined style or click Edit to customize incrementer text.
2D Position: Show 2D shapes in front of or behind other objects in the 2D drawing view.