Where can I find the Developer Migration Guide? It's gone in myConfigura wiki 😥
In case if you didn't know yet, we're in the process of removing wiki in myConfigura, and that's where it houses all of the developer migration guides / older QA testing guides for a long while now. The new refreshed site to the developer migration guides are now here : Click Me
Now, on to the testing guide:
Welcome to the 13.5 Minor QA Testing Guide, please check with your developer to make sure 13.5 Minor Migration is successfully completed (if any) before testing.
Inaccurate dimensions on viewclip upon reload of drawing.
In CET 13.5 Minor, developers made a fix where dimensions that are snapped to snappers on a viewclip in paperspace used to be inaccurate when the drawing is saved and reloaded back into CET.
It's important to make sure that the dimension still shows the correct measurement value for your manufacturer snappers. To test, please follow test instructions of:
- Using your manufacturer extension, place some snappers in drawing space.
- Navigate to paperspace, proceed to make a 2D viewclip with coverage of the snappers from drawing space.
- On the paperview menu bar above, bring out the dimension tool, and snap start and end dimension points to the snappers on the viewclip.
- Proceed to save drawing.
- Reload saved drawing back into CET.
- Ensure the dimensions are still accurate and is showing the measurements as before, on the viewclip.
- Going a mile further, testing can be repeated using different or your preferred *distance unit(s).
You can change to different distance units in CET Control Panel.
Pick and set material tool is not accurate.
Previously the 'pick and set material' tool has been inaccurate, where it has been picking up wrong material from the surrounding, instead of the material that users specifically picked from a snapper. Using your manufacturer extension, it's important to ensure this fixed tool works flawlessly for your snappers.
To test this, follow test instructions of:
- Using your manufacturer extension, place multiple snappers consisting different materials. You could place multiple same snappers but change them to have different/distinguished materials in the Quick Properties, but more variation of snappers with different materials are encouraged.
- In 3D component tab, under 'Material Change', use the 'Pick and set material' tool in 3D space.
- With the tool in selection, pick any layer of materials from your snappers and apply to the other snappers. Ensure it applies the correct material from the layer that has been clicked on.
- Repeat testing in 2D space, ensure applying materials using the *property box showing different layers of snapper is accurate to work with.
Due to overlapping layers in 2D space, accessing the bottom layer (leg of seating for example) can be difficult, click on 'Tab' to navigate between different layers in the property box. (Depending on your catalogue configuration)
CAD texts colors are changed when part tagged area color is changed.
Developers fixed a bug where the CAD texts will no longer change color when the entire part tagged area color is updated. For seasoned CAD users, it's essential to make sure that this fix works for your CAD. Photo below shows a small snippet of a generic floor plan of how it was before and after the fix.
Looking at the photo above, left shows how it was in CET 13.5 in comparison between the fixed version in CET 13.5 Minor (Right). The CAD texts retain its color in (Black) and will not follow the changed part tagged color which was changed to (Red).
To test this, please follow test instructions of:
- Import your desired CAD floor plan into CET.
- Open up Part tagging dialog, part tag an area of the CAD, don't close it yet but stash it somewhere.
- Navigate to paperspace, make a 2D viewclip coverage of the CAD floor plan.
- In 'Tools > Drawing View > add a 'Show part tag colors' companion to the viewclip.
- Bring back the part tagging dialog, change the color of the part tagged area.
- Then, observe changes in the viewclip, ensure the CAD texts does not change color.
Calculation feature options selection
In CET 13.5 Minor, developers fixed the opening of options in the calculation article listing. Previously, for article listings that are at the lower part struggles to open up a full view of options. Hence, it's important to make sure the options can be opened in full and be applied using your manufacturer extension.
Picture above shows the difference between the fixed version in 13.5 Minor (Left) and unfixed version in 13.5 (Right).
To test this, please follow test instructions of:
- Using your manufacturer extension, place a number of priced snappers.
- Then, open up Bill of Material (BOM).
- Expand the article listings that has options, that are at the lower part of the listing.
- With that, ensure the full view of options can be seen clearly and is easily accessible. Also ensure that the options can be applied to the snappers when clicked on.
DWG export improvement
There are some improvements made to the DWG export module, the DWG output that is exported from CET now takes up smaller size than before. It's important to make sure exporting to DWG still works good for you. Please follow smoke test instructions of:
- Using your manufacturer extension, create a drawing with only an imported DWG file. Then, under [File > Import & Export > click on 'Export Drawing' to DWG].
- Upon completion of export, please check the size of the exported DWG, ensure it is reasonably sized.
- *Report to email@example.com if the size is tenfold / a lot larger than the original dwg file size. Eg: original DWG file size is 100 MB, exported DWG file size is 1GB++
- Performance wise, ensure exporting DWG does not feel *slower than before.
Use QA Tools > Response Monitor, check if the time taken for your DWG export does not take forever!
Have additional questions?
Links that may come handy to you
Release and Migration Best Practices
As always, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions
Please sign in to leave a comment.