It is possible to save and print reports and drawings in PDF format. When the report is saved as a PDF file, you can send it as an e-mail attachment straight from CET Designer.
To create a PDF file in CET Designer, follow these steps:
- Select Print Reports from the File menu.
- Go to the Report Settings tab and select the check boxes for the contents that you want to print.
- Select the Create an Adobe PDF check box in the bottom-left corner, as shown below.
- Set the desired resolution of the images from the PDF resolution drop-down menu.
- Click Create PDF. The reports are shown in PDF format.
- Save or print the PDF file.
Check Ask about file location if you would like to set the save location before opening the PDF document.
To create a PDF file and attach it to an e-mail in one step, click the E-mail button instead of Create PDF.
The Print Reports dialog with the PDF checkbox at the bottom left.
If you ask CET Designer to create a PDF preview but you don't have a PDF reader installed, CET Designer will notify about that and prompt you to save the file instead.