This article explains how to add symbols by using the Catalogue Reader.
Opening the Catalogue Reader
The Catalogue Reader allows you to browse for part numbers from your activated manufacturers.
To open the Catalogue Reader, follow these steps:
- Select Commercial Interiors Library on the component tab.
- Select Catalogue Reader in the Catalogue section.
- This will take you to the Catalogue Reader component tab.
- Select Catalogue Reader on the component tab.
Using the Catalogue Reader
Browse for Part Number
To browse for a part number in the Catalogue Reader, follow these steps:
- Click the drop-down arrow to select the manufacturer.
- Click the drop-down arrow to select the catalog.
- Double-click or click (+) to expand the catalog's folder categories.
- Continue double-clicking to build the part number you want.
Don't see a manufacturer listed? It might not be activated! Check out the Catalogue Manager article for a quick refresher on activating manufacturers!
Adding a Part Number
There are two ways to add a part number to your drawing; Click and Drag and Double-Click.
Click and Drag will by-pass the Part Specifying Window and adds the symbol directly to the drawing.
Double-Click will open the Part Specifying Window. The Part Specifying Window allows you to add specification options to the symbol.
- These specified options will be included in the exported SIF data.
Click and Drag
To add a part number by using Click and Drag, follow these steps:
- Click and hold the part number.
- Drag the cursor to the drawing space.
- Release click and the place symbol.
To add a part number by using Double-Click, follow these steps:
- Double-click the part number.
- Double-click on an option in the Option Prompt Table to add part number specifications.
- Continue to double-click options until the Option Prompt reads "No further options."
- Click Accept and place the symbol.