News & Changes
New Extension available
- With this version of CET, we introduce the Flooring Extension!
It will be available to all users of the Commercial Interiors edition of CET, and like most utility Extensions released by Configura, it is free to download and use.
This Extension will let you define floor areas and fill them with tiling to create various layouts.
Initially, this Extension will include two catalogs of tiles: one based on Metric measurements, and one based on Imperial measurements. These tiles cover the majority of the most common tile sizes used in the US.
We look forward to adding more functionality to this Extension in future updates.
Want to know more? Check out our Help Center articles about the Flooring Extension.
- The Photo Lab now has an option to e-mail multiple rendered images simultaneously.
- Added a warning for when a render is started after the Photo Lab has exceeded the previous image cache size limit (maximum allowed size of all rendered images). If this limit is exceeded, CET will automatically expand the cache size to prevent loss of images currently being rendered in order to avoid the loss of work.
- Photo Lab light settings now remember the sun’s position when switching between different light modes.
- To make it easier to control the order your images are rendered in, when rendering multiple images simultaneously, the render queue will now be forced to render the images in proper order, instead of whatever order it felt like doing them in.
- Curved walls now support adding straight versions of Windows (and related accessories) as well as straight Doors and Vaults.
Note: For this release, sliding doors cannot be added to curved walls.
- Added a new type of sliding door to support Double sliding doors:
- Double doors now support having an “unequal split” to help create Lead and Slave door setups.
- Added support for importing SketchUp files using the 2021 file format.
- Added support for the AutoCAD 2022 DWG file format.
- Added support for Clipping (XClip command) usage in imported DWG files.
Note: this currently only supports Rectangular Clipping; not polyline ones.
- For convenience, 2D View Clips now have a Circle shape option. While it was possible to create a perfect circle using the Ellipse tool, this hopefully saves both time and frustration.
Fixes and Enhancement
- Better performance for the standalone Render Server by reducing wait time for servers to accept rendering tasks as well as improved scheduling of tasks between available servers.
- Improved interface for the Render Accelerator Extension to make the Render Resources dialog easier to work with, such as:
- Support for sorting by different columns
- Resizable column width
- Improved handling of dialog resizing
- Scrollable resource list if it is too long to fit the dialog
- General layout improvements
For more info on the Resources dialog, go to Adding or Removing a Render Resource and Resource Details.
The toggle for Enable/disable snapping in the toolbar will now remember its state during the current session. When you close CET, it will automatically go back to being enabled.
Improved performance when switching to Paper View for drawings with a lot of papers, very complicated papers, or both.
Improved rendering quality in the Photo Lab when using the higher-level rendering settings (Render Quality 80+ in Advanced mode).
We have also reworked some aspects of what happens in the background when you change the Render quality slider setting; this will result in either better render quality or better performance, depending on the scene you are rendering.
CET will not change the Render quality settings for existing photos. These changes only apply to new photos, or if you change the quality slider for existing photos and re-render them.
If you are pressed for time or patience, we strongly recommend you avoid using the absolute maximum setting (100) for quality. We have boosted the maximum allowed quality – meaning it will now take significantly longer to render images when cranking quality to the absolute maximum.
- Improved importing speed for huge DWG files as well as the responsiveness of the CAD settings dialog for such files.
- Improved speed for modifying Visibility/Color on DWG layers in the CAD settings dialog.
- Improved handling for different line styles in imported DWG files; CET should now correctly recognize and display basic forms of dashed and dotted lines as long as they do not contain text or special symbols.
- Improved performance for several areas of the ProjectSymbols Extension; such as Startup time, faster response from the Copy/Paste and Replicate tools as well as quicker loading of materials.
- Improved loading speed for Sections containing thousands of Architectural walls and Levels.
- Improved performance of the Remover tool when the 2D view is showing huge amounts of objects.
- Fixed problem with loading drawing that would cause them to be flagged by Windows as last modified before 2003, thus, refusing to open. CET will now instead display a warning message when loading drawings that appear to be that old.
- Fixed problem that could, in rare cases, cause CET to revert back to an older version, and sometimes even refuse to start once this has occurred.
- Fixed problem with the Visibility settings dialog for View Clips in the Paper view that could cause it to open behind the main CET window.
- Fixed problem with DWG import and detail levels that could cause circular objects below a certain size threshold to no longer look like circles.
- Fixed problem with the CAD settings dialog that would cause it to fail to properly update all instances of an imported DWG file when changes were made to the origin file, and CET was asked to reload it.
- Fixed problem with the CAD settings dialog that prevented layer colour changes from applying to DWG files in Alternatives except for Alternative 1.
- Fixed problem with DWG import and Xref files that could cause the Xrefs to wind up in the wrong position after import.
- Fixed problem with DWG import that could result in missing 2D lines for some files.
- Fixed problem with imported DWG files that would cause some 2D texts and lines to not be visible in 3D even when set to show.
- Fixed problem with DWG export that would prevent objects inside of blocks from exporting correctly, causing them to scatter around the exported DWG.
- Fixed problem with DWG export that would cause door opening arcs and lines to get confused if the export contained an imported DWG.
- Fixed problem with DWG export and the option for Export filled shapes that would cause circles and ellipses to not export.
- Fixed problem with the Photo Lab option for Outline overlay making it impossible to turn off the Tonemap post-processing effect.
- Fixed problem with the Photo Lab that could cause rendering times for images to go up too much when adjusting Render quality; even increasing needed render time despite reducing asked-for quality.
- Fixed problem with Material Explorer and renaming of material files through Windows Explorer, that would prevent the new name from showing up.
- Fixed problem with Material Lab that would cause it to ignore the Emissive setting if it had been added to a material.
- Fixed various problems with PBR materials and transparency.
- Fixed problem with architectural walls that could cause them to become see-through from one side.
- Fixed problem with Levels that would cause replication of levels with holes in them to generate too many copies as well as incorrectly associating the holes with the original level, in addition to their actual levels.
- Fixed problem with the confirmation dialog shown when removing Article views from the Calculation dialog. The confirmation dialog should no longer remove the article view if cancelled by clicking the red X in the corner.
- Fixed problem with currencies in the price list dropdown being in a random order instead of being sorted alphabetically.
- Fixed problem with saving Favorites that would prevent the Save dialog from showing existing files if the target location was reached by following a shortcut to a network drive.
- Fixed problem with Favorites that would cause the resulting objects to not be visible if the Favorite was loaded via drag & drop to some View Modes.
- Fixed problem with downloading of Catalog data that could cause the progress indicator to stay at 0%, even when the download had completed.
- Fixed problem that would cause the object Property box to be collapsed, instead of switching between open drawings when pressing Ctrl+Tab.
- Fixed problem with industrial stairs that could cause the midrail to go missing when snapping IBC 2015 railings to matching landings. This would also cause the Property box for the railings to become disabled.
- Fixed problem with the Replicate Tools and the "Keep original" option that (if unchecked) could cause the tool to delete both the selected object and the objects that were snapped to it.
- Fixed problem with Auto Tag that would prevent it from automatically tagging Custom Shape objects as well as Carpets and Coverings.
- Fixed problem with the RevLink plug-in for Revit that would cause it to not warn that a newer version was available.
- Fixed problem with ProjectSymbols objects that would cause default selection in their Property box to be something other than the first item in the box.
- Fixed problem with ProjectSymbols and SIF import when working with multiple Pick Lists, that could cause the imported SIF to be added to the last updated Pick List rather than the currently selected one.
- Fixed problem with ProjectSymbols and the Zilenzio manufacturer catalog that would prevent its product code from showing up in the Calculation.
- Fixed problem with Paper Sections and imported DWG files that would result in a dialog about locating missing DWG files. Imported DWG files that have been embedded with a Paper Section should no longer go missing.
- Fixed problem with Revision History objects that could cause descriptions consisting of multiple lines of text to be removed when clicking on a value field in the quick properties box.