Thank you for your interest in participating in the Day in the Life project! This is an ongoing project with no end-date. We want to see users work in their "natural habitat" to learn more about their day-to-day workflow with our various products. If you decide to participate, make sure you read through ALL the information in this article before signing up.
You can submit one recording for each of the following programs:
- CET (30-60 minutes)
- ProjectSpec (15-30 minutes)
- ProjectSymbols for CET Extension (30-60 minutes)
You can receive a $25 gift card for each recording you send in (one of each program or Extension).
What's the difference between Day in the Life for CET versus for ProjectSymbols for CET?
Day in the Life in CET is a more general look at the program overall and does not need to focus on one type of product or task. Day in the Life with ProjectSymbols for CET should be done during a time that you will be working primarily with products imported through the ProjectSymbols for CET Extension. Please note that this does not include ProjectSymbols for other programs, such as AutoCAD.
Point of contact:
Steps to follow
- Read through and sign the Confidentiality Policy attached to the top of this page. This is to protect you and your information and to promise we won’t share what you share outside of Configura.
- Sign up here.
In the form, upload a copy of the signed Confidentiality Agreement (attached above) in the sign-up form.
- Make sure you have some way to record your screen and audio. See suggestions for tools to use. For help or other suggestions, contact Kelsey.
- On a day that works best for you, record your screen and your audio while you work on whatever you are working on.
- Send your recording. See below for ways to share.
- Once your recording is received, you will be contacted to receive your $25 gift card!
- Repeat process for each program you want to submit for (CET, ProjectSpec, or ProjectSymbols for CET). Do NOT submit one recording for all of them combined.
What to record
- Introduce yourself. Tell us your name, company, and your role.
- Work on a typical project. You may end up going into other programs which is fine, but make sure you choose a day and time where you will be spending a majority of your time with the product you are submitting for.
- Talk for the entire duration of the recording. Walk us through the steps you take and tell us your thoughts on what you are doing and why.
- If you run into problems or pain points, explain why they are frustrating.
- Remember, we will not share any information outside of Configura, but if there is anything you still wish to keep confidential, take care to avoid showing it ahead of time.
These are guidelines, but there is no right or wrong way to do this. We just want to see you at work to learn how we can improve.
If you're not sure exactly what to do while recording, attached at the top of this article is a short example of what a recording of Day in the Life might look and sound like. Keep in mind, it's just a sample. Just work through a project that you'd be working on anyway and talk us through each action.
Suggested tools for recording screen & audio
Zoom – start personal meeting and record
OBS (Open Broadcaster Software) – free software you can install
For more suggestions, contact Kelsey.
Ways to share your recording
There are many ways you can share your recordings with us. Here are a few suggestions. If you have another way you prefer, just get in touch and we can work it out!
- WeTransfer - send to Kelsey (email above). You will be prompted to add and verify your email before you can send.
- Use a pre-existing account you have with other file sharing services and share a link. (Dropbox is a good example.)
- Create a briefcase on MyConfigura, upload the recording, and add Kelsey to the briefcase.
Click here to sign up to participate.