Migration changes on extension
Please check with your developers if they have done the migration changes on the extensions before you start testing.
The feature “Export current paper to dwg/dxf” has been removed and the function is moved to “Export to dwg/dxf”
Now it is possible to export 2D view, 3D view and/or papers from paper view (current or all) using “Export to dwg/dxf”.
Load drawing with papers in paper view. Test to export 2D view, 3D view and/or papers from paper view to dwg/dxf. Check the dwg/dxf file is exported correctly.
DWG import dialog
The dwg import dialog has been overhauled, in that process changes have been made to both functionality of the dialog and its interface.
Presets have been introduced and it will save the setting for the imported dwg.
Test importing your own dwg/dxf files with the new dwg importer. Check that the files are imported correctly according to the settings selected.
Singularity Candidates in ToolAnimationG2
Interface changes has been done in the Singularity Candidates in ToolAnimationG2. Partners are requested to do the following to the current snappers
Place a few snappers in the drawing and check that the animation properties working as how it should be by making changes to the options in the animation properties. Ensure that the changes are reflected in the 2D,3D & BOM
Two new parameters have been added in CET 11.0. These parameters are optional to use (Check with your Developer) but if your extension has used it we would recommend that you do the following as listed below
- Test that you can apply options to your snappers such as using the scheme to apply it. Ensure that the changes are reflected in the 2D,3D and BOM
- In the Quick Properties, try and select some of the options from the quick properties and check that it is reflected on the snapper in the 2D,3D and BOM
Reps, Reps2D and Reps3D have been removed
In CET 10.5, it was common for developers to simply add Reps2d() and Reps 3D() with all the LOD’s however in CET 11.0, the syntax has been changed to reps2D(#super), reps3D(#medium,#high). This syntax change could possibly affect the Level Of Details (LOD) of your snappers
Use the Model Performance Tool and run the tool to check if the following is correct
- Polygon Budget
- Missing LOD
- Detail Mask
Print API and multiple drawings
A few functions have changed in the print API when switching between drawing in multiple drawing. This is to provide more robust function when calling for the correct drawing.
Load CET drawing with multiple drawing enabled. Switch between drawings. Ensure that the drawing switches correctly, works the same or slightly better than 10.5, and does not crash.
The Aisle Manager class and all of its method has been moved to another class. In this move, some of the method got renamed to clarify the purpose of the methods. Partners should test based on the following
- Try and stretch the aisle and ensure you can stretch it and it is able to be stretched in the 2D and 3D view
- Try and remove a row from a group and ensure you are able to do so in the 2D and 3D view
- Test that when you perform actions such as Undo and Redo it is working accordingly
Animation changes has been done which has included addition of animation properties such as “Number of Racks” and “Number of Rows”. Partners are required to the do the following to test on their snappers
- Place a pallet rack in the drawing and check that in the animation properties is working as how it should be. Try making changes to the options in the animation properties and ensure that the changes are reflected in the 2D,3D and BOM.
- If you have implemented super stretch, test that the super stretch function is working correctly. Try and stretch the width of the bay in either the 2D or the 3D view and ensure it is showing correctly
Shelving Insert Changes:
There were some issues when inserting an upright into the drawing. Some code refactoring has been done to overcome this issue. You can test the following to ensure it is working on your snappers
- Place a set of pallet racks in the drawing. Check that the upwrights are shown correctly in the 3D view.
- If you can change the options related to the upwrights in the animation properties, quick properties or in the scheme, check that you can make the changes and ensure the changes are reflected in the drawing
The usual 2D viewport in paper view has been replaced with the new 2D View Clip. For partners that has auto papers that generate the previous 2D viewport, these will now be automatically converted to 2D view clips.
- In your paper view, click on generating auto papers. Check that the view shown in previous 2D viewports still works well in the new 2D view clip.
- Load old drawing containing papers with 2D view port. Check that it is still showing the same view as it is previously.
Change to PropDef.adjusted()
There has been major code refactoring done and the motivation behind it is primarily to clean up messy conditional code, speedup for common casses and to allow widening conversions (for instance double = int) in assign to make PropObj behave more as the cm language in general.
PropDef.adjusted is extremely central to all customization code and we need to keep a thorough lookout for any trouble. If any trouble do arise, a debug tool has been created. Please refer to the Developer Migration Guide.
As this is a major change, we would highly recommend that you do a regression testing on your extension just to ensure everything is working as how it should be.
Default Calculation Columns:
In CET 11.0, changes have been made to the visibility of the calculation columns. When CET is installed as a clean installation the columns shown would be as follow
- Part Number
- Manual Sort
Visibility of Abstract DataSymbol Columns:
In CET 11.0, changes have been made in abstract dataSymbol whereby columns will not be visible by default so you do not get 13 columns for turning on an extension with dataSymbol
Area – DsPRdAreaColumn Depth - DsPrdMeasurementColumn Feature Description - DsFeatureDescPartColumn Height - DsPrdMeasurementColumn Length - DsPrdMeasurementColumn Package Count - DsPackageCountColumn Preview - DsPreviewColumn Pricelist - DsPricelistColumn SKU - DsPrdSKUColumn Vendor - DsVendorNameColumn Volume - DsPrdVolumeColumn Weight - DsPrdWeightColumn Width – DsPrdMeasurementColumn
Default Visible Columns in Main Article View:
Instead of showing every registered column set to initially visible, we have now set a limit of 10 columns to show in the calculation view. These will be determined by votes cast by each extension. The 10 columns with the most votes will show. This should be decided by the extension owner
- Load an old drawing which has been previously saved in CET 10.5 and open it in CET 11.0 and check that the columns shown in the BOM is following the latest settings of showing the columns which has been set by the extension owner to show. ( Do note you can still turn it on in the settings tab in the BOM)
- In CET 11.0 create a simple drawing and when you save the drawing ensure the columns shown in the drawing is reflected when you reload the drawing
In CET 10.5 and older versions, we used to call "rebuildAllToolboxCards" when the main app window got resize and resizeEnd. These calls (of course) produce a lot of slow response and flickering, so they have been removed. This means that your custom toolbox cards will no longer get rebuilt on app window resize, and there is no reason they should have to. However, if you really need this, please contact developer support!
With your extension’s component tab as active tab, try with resizing the CET window and also maximize and minimizing the window. Check that there is no flickering and slow response on the component tab.
Elevation Arrows now works with Favorites, Copy/Paste and Collaboration. Prior to the update, the space was reset and any added Snappers to the ElevSpace was not coming with the Favorite/Paste/Collaboration load.
To ensure proper behaviour any Customization code that uses Elevation Arrow and the ElevSpace should consider removing special code that circumvents the previous limitations and that may make the update not work as intended.
- Load old drawings and ensure that the elevation generated is correct.
- Check that you can drag the “arrow icon” to different sides of the elevation view area and the elevation view is updated correctly.
- Create a simple drawing which consist of panels with multiple different tile configuration. Use the
- Panel Type Elevation and ensure that the panel elevation is showing correctly.
- Check that you can generate the elevation in a diagonal view and the elevation is shown correctly
- Render the elevation and inspect that rendered elevation view looks correct.
- Save and load rendered elevation view and ensure rendered images are getting saved.
Coming with 11.0, Categories registered at the Abstract Office level have been drastically changed. This was done with feedback from the Furniture Five and past feedback about categories in general. As such, code updates will be required as part of these changes.
The idea is to standardize the categories for office. The new categories should be used by all extensions and should work with all the view modes and filters.
- Test with your extension. Check that you can still assigned categories to your symbols. Test with save and load as well.
- Load old drawing from CET version 10.5 or older. Check that the categories assigned to your symbols is still working correctly in 11.0
In the latest CET version 11.0, we introduce a new inspection tool for users to view categories, tags, level, collaboration section, and other information associated with Snappers and ItemTag's.
This tool is called the "Examiner" and it is located under Tools menu.
Load drawing with your extension with categories, tags, level or collaboration section assigned into the drawing. Use the examiner tool to check the information of the symbol is displayed correctly.
Leader Item Tags
In 11.0 we have implemented a new version of the ItemTags, the LeaderItemTag. This would not change any behavior of the old tags, but old tags can be switched out to use the new leader item tag.
LeaderItemTags come with features such as auto and manual leader arrow positioning, text snapping and text alignment.
Auto Part Tagging
Auto Part Tagging is a new feature which has been added in CET 11.0. This function allows you to automatically tag the symbol as it is being placed in the drawing.
Part tag categories in the dropdown are represented with the collapsible arrows as “sections” in the auto tag dropdown. Tags will be listed below with the tag names and colors to the right of the tag name.
- Check and ensure that the Part Tags categories which are included in your extension are shown correctly in the part tagging dialog as well as the auto part tagging dialog.
- Check that you are only allowed to use one tag from each category to tag your symbols.
Component Tab Creator
Component tab creator is a new feature in catalogue creator that allows users to customize and organize component tabs with products from a product catalogue.
Each component tab created is tied to the data catalogue where it is saved to. You can create, save, and even preview it before publishing the component tab.
In CET 11.0 a newly revamp scheme has been implemented with new features as well as a new user interface. In this new scheme, multiple things have been factored in such as to be able to perform actions faster, to be able to easily navigate between the relevant extensions and etc.
Do note, if you are using “Props Scheme” you are required to migrate to the new schemes however if you are using the “Core Schemes” you can still use the your current schemes however you would not get access to the latest revamp schemes.
The Scheme Explorer is a menu which consist of all the extensions which have a scheme. This allows a user to be able to easily select which scheme they would like to access too without requiring them to go manually to that extension to access it.
In the new Scheme Dialog, re-arrangement has been done such as the Scheme’s Tab and the extensions have been interchanged. The apply on function has been re-arranged with the most common options used which is “Blocks” & “Frozen”. The selection criteria has been moved to the right side. Furthermore, a preview has been added of the snapper you are intending of applying the options too.
When using the new schemes, these are the few things we would recommend you to test as shown below:
- Check and ensure that only 1 scheme dialog can be opened at a time not even cross manufacturer.
- Check and ensure that old drawings created in the previous versions is working correctly in the current version of CET.
- Check and ensure that the options shown in the previous version of the manufacturer’s schemes is showing correctly in the latest version and is able to apply the options correctly.
- Check that when you make changes to the properties in the scheme, the toggle will automatically turn ON.
- Check that the following is working accordingly:
- Selection of Product Tab: Check and ensure that changes are only made to the symbols of that product in the drawing.
- All Tabs: Check and ensure that the changes reflect to all product tabs in the drawing.
- Check and ensure that the modified “Default” scheme is retained across sessions and ensure that it is possible to go back to the original state by reverting to the default scheme.
- Check that the following is working accordingly:
- Scheme Previews shown correctly.
- Import and Export.
- Save & Load.
Please sign in to leave a comment.