Within CET Developer there are several ways of running tests and test suites. This article is explaining how to create test suites that can be run from Build Central's Continuous Builder.
Custom Build Items
Custom build items is a way to run custom code from the Build Central. To add custom build items to Build Central you need to create a file called customBuildItems.xml and custom build items to it following below format:
The custom build item
BuildItemCmCode is the one that you want to use when adding your own test suites to Build Central's Continuous Builder. In the
BuildItemCmCode you can specify the following properties:
- Id: Id of your test
- Caption: Name of your test in Continuous Builder
- GroupName: Grouping tests together in Contionous Builder
- RunHowOften: Possible values = EveryBuild, Hourly, Daily, Manual (Will not be run by Continuous Builder. Only when the test is run manually)
- SendEmailOnError: Possible values = WhenOriginFound, Always, Never
You can also specify the following tags:
- CmCode: The function containing your tests. Example <CmCode>custom.myCoolExtension.test.myTestSuite();<CmCode>
- ErrorsToIgnore: Errors you want to ignore in the log. Using text matching to filter out errors. Example: <ErrorsToIgnore><string>ERROR, forbidden auxillary.+OfficeLightStudio</string></ErrorsToIgnore>. The ErrorsToIgnore tag supports regexp as a tool to filter out errors.
Example of tests you can add is snapping tests, order diff tests, and animation tests. When you have your test suites you can just start the Continuous Builder with good filtering and run.