Perforce migration workflow
We recommend you to follow this three-step process when migrating your branches from Perforce to Git:
1. The release branch in Perforce is imported into the release branch in Git.
2. A development branch is branched out from the release branch in Git.
3. The development branch in Perforce is then imported to the newly created Git branch.
How to import code from Perforce to Git in CET Developer
0. Contact Developer Support to create a Git Repository for your extension, if you do not already have one.
1. Enable perforce workspaces in operator. Operator -> Setup -> CET Developer Settings -> EnablePerforceWorkspaces = True.
2. In the Operator, select the Git workspace you want to import the code to and click "Add P4-Import<->Git Workspace"
3. Check the box for the Extension you wish to import and use the dropdown to pick the branch/version you wish to import, click Save.
NOTE: Currently a bug where you need to be connected to a Configura network/VPN for step to work.
4. Select the newly created workspace and click the "Git/P4-Import"-button
5. Click “Import All”
6. Once the import has completed, you can safely close the dialog
6. Please verify that the imported files are correct before pushing the branch to the server repo.
The article How to work with git in CET Developer describes the Developer built-in tools for examining history etc in Git.