Perforce Migration Workflow
We recommend you to follow this three-step process when migrating your branches from Perforce to Git:
- The release branch in Perforce is imported into the release branch in Git.
- A development branch is branched out from the release branch in Git.
- The development branch in Perforce is then imported to the newly created Git branch.
How To Import Code From Perforce to Git in CET Developer
- Contact Developer Support to create a Git Repository for your extension if you do not already have one.
- Enable perforce workspaces in operator. Operator -> Setup -> CET Developer Settings -> EnablePerforceWorkspaces = True.
- In the Operator, select the Git workspace you want to import the code to and click Add P4-Import<->Git Workspace
- Check the box for the Extension you wish to import and use the dropdown to pick the branch/version you wish to import, click Save.
NOTE: Currently a bug where you need to be connected to a Configura network/VPN for step to work.
- Select the newly created workspace and click the Git/P4-Import button.
- Click Import All
- Once the import has completed, you can safely close the dialog.
- Please verify that the imported files are correct before pushing the branch to the server repo.
The article How to Work with Git in CET Operator describes the Developer's built-in tools for examining history etc in Git.