Update - Patch 4 (March 16, 2020)
News & Changes
Paper View: Leader
- We added a new feature in Paper View so you can place a leader with text referencing a specific object in 2D and 3D Viewports:
There are two options for the text. Either via manual input in the Short text field, or using the Get Text from Target button where the text field will display information derived from the object details. Please note that currently, Get Text from Target only works with 3D Viewports.
- Added options for exporting Paper Views to dwg/dxf; now you are able to choose to export all active papers or only the currently selected paper:
- Added support for line thickness when polylines with individual widths in segments are used in AutoCAD.
Note: If the polyline segment has different width values, an average value is used to determine the line thickness when imported to CET Designer.
Improved Handling of Fonts for CAD Import
- If an imported CAD drawing contains text using an AutoCAD .shx font (such as romans.shx, simplex.shx), the text will appear in CET Designer using a fallback font. However, if AutoCAD or DWG TrueView is available on your computer, then the text will appear with the same font in CET Designer as in AutoCAD.
- Added an option to rename the Base level:
- To reduce redundancy, the New level option has been removed from the Level dropdown in the quick property box:
- In the Level Settings, we have renamed Move components with their respective levels option to Always move components with their respective levels:
When deselected, only the components selected together with the level will be affected if the level is moved, or has its elevation or thickness changed.
When selected, all the components on that level will be affected.
- Chain dimensions can now be edited by double-clicking, alternatively right-clicking and selecting Edit dimension:
A blue frame indicates that the dimension is currently in edit mode, where changes can be made in the quick property box:
- Added a Line Style option to several tools, giving you more Hatch Style options in your drawing:
This is now available for:
- Tools: Custom Shape Tools
- Tools: Calculate Area Tools
- Architectural: Carpets and Coverings
- Architectural: Add Level(s)
- Improved performance for the Powerpoint export tool.
- Improved performance for Dimensions when used on complex DWG models.
- Fixed problem with DWG export that could cause arrowheads in a drawing to not get exported.
- Fixed problem with DWG import that could cause an error when certain DWG files containing hatch patterns were loaded.
- Fixed problem with IFC import that could cause some files to not get imported successfully.
- Fixed problem with IFC export that could cause some components to go missing.
- Fixed problem with the CET Designer log in window that could cause the Keep me logged in checkbox to be covered by the Log in button when the language was set to Finnish or Spanish.
- Fixed problem with multiple levels that could cause the level below the selected level to not be correctly updated when thickness was increased downwards.
- Fixed problem with Categorization that could cause custom categories to go missing when reloading drawings.
- Fixed problem with Dimensions that could cause the arrow leaders to revert back to default values when copied in Paper view.
- Fixed problem with SketchUp that could cause some drawings to not properly export.
- Fixed problem with Edit Graphics that could prevent materials to be applied on objects inserted from the Catalogue Browser and thereafter made editable.
- Fixed problem with symbols being moved in or out of a Part Tagging area that would not update the Tag column(s) in the Calculation.
- Fixed problem where the quick property box would open outside of the window after opening a new, separate view.
- Fixed issue with IFC import that could cause a crash for some files.
- Fixed issue with Commercial Stairs that could cause a crash after connecting another set of stairs to a landing.
- Fixed issue with Industrial Stairs that could cause a crash after placing a catwalk in a drawing.
Update - Patch 3 (February 17, 2020)
News & Changes
Movement Aid Improvements
- You can now lock the direction of the movement aid by using the arrow keys on your keyboard.
- An option to control the angle of a component's placement has been added to the quick properties:
Style Editor: Dimensions Styles
- We have included an option for Dimensions Styles called Stack Distances. When you have two different Distance Units specified and the checkbox is selected, the values will be displayed separately instead of on the same row:
- We have added more styles and diversity in the Characters Extension. There are now more varieties for you to choose from and populate your drawing with!
- In Paper View, the default name for Paper has been simplified to just Paper:
- Added support for Revit 2020.
- Added support for SketchUp 2020.
- Fixed problem with rendering that could cause glass materials to distort the components which were placed behind them.
- Fixed problem with loading Papers into Paper View that could cause a warning message to be displayed when you did not have the same Extensions installed as when the paper was saved.
- Fixed problem with the FBX Export that could cause custom shapes to not get exported.
- Fixed problem with the Selection tools that could cause components to get selected despite being hidden by the Filter tool.
- Fixed issue with the Select Rectangle and Lasso tools that could cause a background crash when used in the 2D view for certain drawings.
Update - Patch 2 (January 20, 2020)
News & Changes
Selection Tool Improvements
We have improved how the Selection Tools work by adding more information during placement.
Drawing from left to right will produce a rectangle with dashed lines and, by default, select all objects which it touches. This is indicated in the Property box as Partial Select Mode. Components that will be selected are highlighted in blue:
Select Mode can be toggled to Enclosed, to select only the objects which are fully enclosed within the rectangle. This changes the lines of the rectangle to solid lines.
Enclosed Select Mode is also the default when drawing a selection rectangle from right to left:
The Deselect option can be checked or unchecked and your choice is indicated by a +/- at the bottom-right corner of the rectangle. Components that will be deselected are highlighted in red:
Remover Tool Changes
In line with the changes for the Selection Tools, the lines for the Remover Tool have been updated to indicate the Partial and Enclosed select modes.
Drawing from left to right will produce a rectangle with a dashed line for removing Partially covered objects:
Drawing from right to left will produce a rectangle with a solid line for only removing fully Enclosed objects:
- We have added an option, in the Advanced settings, for CAD export to flatten the 2D graphics and set the elevation to zero.
This is intended to help prevent instances where lines, or parts of symbols, could become separate and come in at different elevations.
- You are now able to export all of your Papers into one file when exporting your drawing to CAD, instead of only the current Paper.Papers can be exported directly from Paper view:
An additional option has also been added to the CAD (dwg/dxf) Drawing dialog, for exporting papers:
3D PDF Export
There is a new checkbox in the Settings dialog that allows you to automatically open your newly created file after export:
To help track Tags in your drawing, we have implemented the Tags Legend feature which is used for listing Tags in Paper View:
You can control which Tags are shown by using the Legend Row Filter:
- Polar Replicate
Added a Keep elevation checkbox in the Property box so that the elevation of the reference component is applied to the subsequent copies:
- Linear Replicate
Added a Cascade rotation checkbox to the Property Box to cumulatively apply the rotation angle to the copies:
Line Styles for Tools
Added Revision Cloud Line and Help Line options in the Component group for Styles:
You now have the option to edit and save new styles for these; same as with other Lines in Tools.
Added Left height and Right height fields in the Property box for Walls:
The Graphical Snapping feature is added to the 2D view and the 3D view toolbar for easier access and can be toggled on and off:
You can also still access the tool from the Edit menu or through its keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+Alt+F), but please note that the tool is no longer a dialog that remains open; clicking outside of the tool will close it.
When inserting a favorite into a drawing, you can check the Use Original Position checkbox to insert the favorite at exactly the same position it was originally saved from.
- Fixed problem with Levels that could cause Walls to not snap on the active level.
- Fixed problem with the Render quick image tool that could cause doors to be invisible after rendering when Realistic setting was used.
- Fixed problem with Japanese keyboard settings that could cause character input to be registered in another open dialog instead of directly into the active property box.
- Fixed problem with SketchUp that could cause the 3D Warehouse to not work when CET Designer is running on an Administrator account.
- Fixed problem with the view focus point that in some cases could result in the point not moving as a result of left-clicking in the view.
- Fixed problem with the CET Install Helper that could cause the Clean Start tool to not work when the application folder for CET Designer was opened in Windows explorer.
- Fixed problem with the Keyboard Shortcuts dialog that could cause the Key field to not be cleared after assigning a Key for another selection.
- Fixed problem with the Selection tool that could cause the Select object from a list of all beneath the cursor feature to not include objects on other levels in a multiple level drawing.
- Fixed problem with Part Tagging that could cause the grouping by Tags in the Calculation view to be faulty when components were put in Blocks after the Tags were placed.
- Fixed problem with the Custom View Mode feature that could cause Part Tagging to not be listed among the available options.
- Fixed problem with the Calculation view that could cause the rows to overlap when the items were expanded/collapsed multiple times.
- Fixed problem with Paper view that could cause the Page and printer setup dialog to not open when a Paper icon was double-clicked.
- Fixed problem with the Paper View that could cause 2D Viewports to show an incorrect elevation for some parts in a DWG drawing.
- Fixed problem with DWG import that could cause curved lines to become straight lines in some DWG files.
- Fixed problem with the DWG property box that could cause the selected Lock position option to become deselected when Alternatives were created.
- Fixed problem with DWG import that could cause the 2D for certain objects to appear smaller than they actually were, when Scale and unit was changed in the Settings.
- Fixed problem with DWG import that could cause the lines in a drawing to not have the same type and thickness as the value set for polyline global width in AutoCAD.
- Fixed problem with DWG import that could cause solid hatches to appear unfilled.
- Fixed problem with DWG import that could cause the colors to be different than the original file.
- Fixed problem with DWG import that could cause the 2D View to disappear when the Show only outline of meshes and Show full mesh grid options were toggled back and forth.
- Increased the range of elevation values for DWG imports.
- Fixed issue with Photo Lab that could cause a crash when Outline Overlay was used.
Update - Patch 1 (December 17, 2019)
News & Changes
We have added a North Arrow to our symbols:
The new symbol can be found in the Symbol Library Extension under Miscellaneous Architectural Symbols, or in the Paper View’s Drawings (paper) tab under Architectural Symbols:
|The Symbol Library component tab
in Main View
|The Drawings (paper) component tab
in Paper View
New Accessories Extension: Medical Accessories
Medical Accessories contains several different examples of medical equipment suitable for a healthcare environment. Like other Configura accessories Extensions, these objects will not show up in, or affect your calculation view.
PowerPoint Export in Paper View
You can now export Papers to a file of the PowerPoint format.
This tool will export all available papers to a single Presentation, with each paper as an individual slide. Please note that the tool will also export disabled papers, but will set them as “hidden” in the presentation:
We have added some standard texts for you to choose from when inserting Baseline Dimensions. Just choose the Standard option instead of Manual for the Auto Text dropdown to appear:
Copy with base point
We have now simplified the way the tool works by only activating the selection function after you have started the tool.
- CET Designer now supports connecting to IPv6 addresses.
- Revised width limits for Stairs to accommodate better use of space.
- Removed redundant email field from the different reporting dialogs accessed from the Help menu.
- The Selection tool now remembers your last used setting at restart.
- Fixed problem with multiple level feature that could cause the number of component in each level to show incorrectly in the tooltip at the Level Overview.
- Fixed problem with SketchUp import that could cause the preview to only generate for the first model when two different models has the same name.
- Fixed problem with the size of the Keyboard shortcuts dialog being too small in certain languages.
- Fixed problem with Distance unit display that could cause the dimension to show measurement in both Feet and inches (‘ “) when only Feet (‘) was selected.
- Fixed problem with the Property box that could cause the drop down menu to overlap with the Windows taskbar when the list of options is long.
- Fixed problem with the Selection Tool that could cause the selected components in 2D view to become deselected when clicking on an empty area in the drawing.
- Fixed problem with refreshing that could cause some components to disappear when the drawing was continuously refreshed.
- Fixed problem with Edit graphics that could cause the Fill settings option in the Edit Graphics Properties dialog to become deselected after CET Designer was restarted.
- Fixed problem with Edit Graphics that could cause nodes to be missing in Mesh Dialog.
- Fixed problem with Photo Lab that could cause the settings to not be saved when the preset is reloaded.
- Fixed problem with Copy with base point tool that could cause it to not work properly in Paper view.
- Fixed problem with the use of arrow keys during copy and paste that could cause a component to not get positioned accordingly.
- Fixed problem with Categorization that could cause Custom Categories to be missing after a drawing was saved and reloaded.
- Fixed problem with Part Tagging that could cause the tags to not appear in Filter when it was saved and loaded as a Favorite.
- Fixed problem with the Page Setup dialog that could cause the changes for paper size to only affect the first page.
- Fixed problem with the Text Tool that could cause the text to not get updated when changes were made in the Property box while in Paper View.
- Fixed problem with DWG import that could cause the elliptical arcs to have additional lines.
- Fixed problem with DWG export that could cause the resulting file to not keep the filtered view.
- Fixed issue with DWG export that could cause a crash when the drawing contained a block with negative elevation.
- Improved speed for exporting very large drawings to FBX file format.
- Improved speed for expanding row of details in Calculation dialog.
- Improved system logs to include more information to trace auto backup and auto save issues.
Main Release (November 18, 2019)
News & Changes
New Construction Tools
With this release, we are launching a new set of Construction tools consisting of three tools to help you reference points in your drawing or measure distances from a set baseline.
The tools available are:
- Column balloon: Used for creating callouts for referencing objects in the drawing.
- Baseline: Place a baseline reference for use with Baseline Dimensions.
- Baseline Dimension: A dimension tool that always indicates the distance to the chosen baseline.
Photo Lab Updates
- Added several new Panorama backgrounds to choose from in the Background section of the Photo Lab.
- Made the Realistic generated sky background option for the Realistic light setting in the Lighting & Shadows section of the Photo Lab optional. The background for this specific light setting could previously not be changed.
Better Overview and Sorting of Keyboard Shortcuts
Improved user interface for the Keyboard shortcuts dialog; new search and sorting functions should now hopefully make it easier to find the shortcut you are looking for:
- Added option to the Control Panel to have Follow 2D view not hide components in the 3D view just because they are outside of the 2D view.
- Added a warning if bad meshes are detected and discarded during .stp import.
- Added a choice to .fbx export as for whether to export textures as embedded files in the .fbx, or as external references.
- Fixed problem that could cause Automatic saves to remove the wrong files when creating new autosaves.
- The Replicate rectangle now has an option to pick a starting point, same as the other two replication tools.
- Fixed problem with Photo Lab Advanced settings, that could cause the option for Emissive Background to disappear.
- Fixed problem with switching from Paper View to Two Views, that could cause the component tabs to not correctly switch back.
- Fixed problem with the 3D view that could sometimes cause it to not show all objects at certain angles while rotating the camera.
- Fixed problem with 3D Viewports, saved as favorites, that could sometimes result in empty views when the favorite was loaded again later.
- Fixed problem with CET Designer not being able to perform a Clean Restart if the CET Designer folder was open in the Windows Explorer.
- Fixed problem that could make it impossible to update CET Designer if your Windows user name contained Chinese characters.
- Fixed problem with copying of Grouped objects that could break the grouping.
- Fixed problem with Blocks, turned into Editable objects, that could cause them to disappear from the drawing the next time it was loaded.
- Fixed problem with Edit Graphics that could sometimes cause ghosts of edited objects to remain until the drawing was reloaded.
- Fixed problem with Levels that could cause objects to not follow the level surface when level thickness was changed, resulting in objects winding up inside the floor.
- Fixed issue with creation of Elevation views, that could cause a crash.
- Fixed problem with creation of Elevation views, that could cause unwanted extra lines to sometimes appear.
- Fixed issue with DWG export that could cause a crash.
- Fixed problem with Antivirus from Trend Micro that could prevent CET Designer from successfully updating or launching.
- Fixed problem with Photo Lab, that would prevent Undo from working in Simple mode.
- Fixed problem with the Polar and Linear replication tools, for objects placed on Levels, that could cause the newly replicated objects to not correctly follow the elevation of their parent Level.
- Fixed problem with dragging objects between the 2D and 3D views, that could cause the action to be interrupted when crossing the toolbar.
- Fixed problem with Dimensions that could cause measurement to be incorrect if the direction was locked using the Arrow keys.
- Fixed problem with locked Viewports that could cause objects changed through Edit Graphics to show the wrong 2D.
- Fixed problem with the Tab Collapse functionality that could cause component tabs to collapse themselves when clicked on after starting CET Designer.
- Fixed problem with Dimension texts on multiple lines getting unwanted extra characters when switching to the Text & dimensions on 2 lines option.
- Fixed problem with Schemes that could cause the Tag dropdown to incorrectly remain greyed out (but working) after Tagged was selected.
- Fixed problem with generation of Elevation views, that could cause them to take extremely long to create.
- Fixed problem with Industrial stairs that could cause drawing file size to become needlessly large.
- Part Tagging has been removed as an option when creating custom View modes as they were not meant to be included as an option there, and were causing problems.
- Fixed problem with IFC import, if only a single level was present, that could cause the import to fail.
- Fixed problem with Replication tools that could cause the quick property to incorrectly display negative quantity values.
- Fixed problem with Dimensions and multiple line text that could cause the stretch point location to get displaced.
- Fixed problem with the Paste selection command and the Movement aid that could cause distance measurement to be off for objects not placed at a straight 90 degree angle.
- Fixed problem that could cause Chinese characters from imported DWGs to not be visible when printing or creating a PDF.
- Fixed problem with non-ANSI font types that could cause them to not be visible as selectable options in CET Designer.
- Fixed problem with renaming of Blocks from the Blocks dialog, that could cause their names to not update correctly in the Property box.
- Fixed issue with ISO 14112 industrial stairs that could cause a crash when changing width of the stairs.
- Fixed problem with custom shape light ceilings that could cause the light sources to be blocked out by the ceiling itself.
- Fixed issue with Paper View that could cause a crash when switching photos from the properties box of an inserted photo.