The Select Material dialog box has many predefined colors and materials to choose from. You can also create your own in the same dialog, or by using the Material Lab.
The colors and materials on the Predefined and Thumbnails tabs are the same; only the presentation of the options differs. On the Predefined tab you choose from a sorted tree view, while on the Thumbnails tab you choose from images of unsorted thumbnails.
Follow these steps to use Predefined materials or Thumbnails:
- Go to the 3D component tab.
- Under Material Change, click Material.
- Click the Predefined tab where you will find many different colors and materials. Expand one of these sections by clicking the plus sign.
- Select desired color and click the Use button at the bottom of the dialog box.
- Move the cursor to the drawing area. A paint can follows.
- Move the cursor to the component you want to change. If the component can be painted, it be outlined with the color you selected.
Note the properties box in the corner of the drawing view listing the layers of the symbol. Use the Tab key on your keyboard to switch between the layers.
- Click to apply the new color to the selected layer.