The Select Material dialog box has many predefined colors and materials to choose from.
The colors and materials on the Predefined and Thumbnails tabs are the same; only the presentation of the options differs. On the Predefined tab you choose from a sorted tree view, while on the Thumbnails tab you choose from images of unsorted thumbnails.
Follow these steps to use Predefined materials or Thumbnails:
- Go to the 3D component tab.
- Under Material Change, click Material.
- Click the Predefined tab where you will find many different colors and materials. Expand one of these sections by clicking the plus sign.
- Select desired color and click the Use button at the bottom of the dialog box.
- Move the cursor to the drawing area. A paint can follows.
- Move the cursor to the component you want to change. If the component can be painted, it be outlined with the color you selected.
- Note the properties box in the corner of the drawing view listing the layers of the symbol. Use the Tab key on your keyboard to switch between the layers.
- Click to apply the new color to the selected layer.
The select material dialog with the Predefined tab selected