When working in Paper View, you can insert an Article View to display lists of product from Calculations. The Article View component is located on the Tools (paper) tab:
To add an Article View to the currently selected paper, follow these steps:
- From the Tools (paper) component tab, click the Article View component.
- Move the cursor to the paper. A rectangle follows.
- Click once on the paper to set the starting point for the rectangle.
- Move the cursor diagonally across the paper and click again to set the size of the rectangle. Your drawing view is now in place on the paper.
- Once you are finished, hit Esc on your keyboard, or move your cursor outside of the drawing area to escape the command.
Once an Article View is placed on a paper, you can adjust it's settings in the green properties box:
- Alternative: if the drawing contains alternatives, pick which one you want the article view to show.
- View: select which article view in the Calculation that should be displayed.
- Fit content: fit the contents within the frame.
- Elevation: the elevation of the article view relative to other components on the paper.
- Style: lets you select from a few predefined styles for the article view and controls its appearance.
- Show summary: select to include the information found in the Summary field of the article view in the Calculation.
- Expand: if you have lines collapsed in the Calculation and select the Expand checkbox, they will pull apart into their separate lines. It basically does the same thing as deselecting all the checkboxes in the Split by column in the Calculation View settings.
- Show details: shows more details, such as material, for each line item.
- Multiple line text: select to allow text to span over multiple lines.
- Text style: lets you adjust the text type in the article view.
Use a Help grid for easier planning of the paper layout.