- Have fully licensed version of AutoCAD Installed
- Supported versions: 2018-2023
- Download and Install Notify and CIL Warehouse (must have enough hard drive memory on machine or save to a network server)
Once AutoCAD is installed, the Manufacturer Data must be downloaded and installed for use.
To install Manufacturer Data:
- Download & Install CIL Warehouse- this is where the Manufacturer Data is stored after it is received directly from the manufacturer
- Download & Install Notify- this is a complimentary autodownload utility program. This loads manufacturer data onto the machine and automatically updates when new data is received.
After installing the Manufacturer Data, the installation of the CI Library plug-in for AutoCAD is next. This plug-in provides the menus and ribbons for the CI Library tabs in AutoCAD.
Installing CI Library into AutoCAD
Typically CI Library for AutoCAD when running the install will add all paths and link to AutoCAD fully automatically, so the below steps should only be required if that process does not happen :
- Run the Install program for CI Library- the executable can be downloaded from the License Manager website.
- Once installed, Ribbons automatically appear. If they do not, follow the next steps:
- Right click to open Options in the Command Line OR typing in "Options"
- On the left, expand the FILES tab- click the + next to "Support File Search Path"
- Add the path for the respective RXX folder to the installed AutoCAD version
- AutoCAD 2018 - R22
- AutoCAD 2019-2020 - R23
- AutoCAD 2021-2023 - R24
- Manually add the search path in the Support file. The search path is (where RXX is the appropriate R number listed above):
- Restart AutoCAD- enter the license code and select a manufacturer when prompted
If the Ribbons still do not load, they can be manually loaded. To do this:
- Save the workspace as a new template using the Workspace Switching icon (bottom right)
- In the command line, type: MENULOAD
- Unload the PSPLACEMNU
- Reload the PSPLACEMNU by typing ADDPSPL in the Load section
- Close the MENULOAD dialog
- Ribbons should appear
Panelbuilders must be installed via the License Manager prior to installing Panelbuilders into AutoCAD. Once installed, Panelbuilders becomes available inside CI Library for AutoCAD as soon as AutoCAD restarts.
IMPORTANT SIDE NOTES:
- If the builder is inoperable and a "program not found" message appears (see below), the path will need to be manually added.
TO MANUALLY ADD THE PATH:
- Open the SUPPORT FILE SEARCH DIRECTORY by clicking OK on the above message
- Click ADD
- Path the specific AutoCAD version being used
Using AutoCAD 2023 and the Haworth Toolpack
Add a path in the SUPPORT FILE SEARCH PATH to:
C:\Program Files (x86)\ProjectMatrix\HaworthToolpak\R24