News & Changes
- Added support for the SketchUp 2021 format.
As part of this change, we are also updating the component tab icon for SketchUp to reflect official changes, by Trimble, to the SketchUp logo:
- You can now export from CET Designer to the SketchUp (.skp) format via the new Export to SketchUp file button.
- Improvements to SketchUp export have led to reduced waiting time, with export being up to 30-90% faster depending on the size and complexity of your drawing. The biggest gains are likely to be found with larger and more complex drawings.
- A new dialog has been added to house all Import/Export settings for SketchUp. This also houses the old settings for 3D Warehouse downloads.
- Updated the error message shown when attempting to import very large SketchUp models, along with offering new options for proceeding with the import.
- We have also taken the opportunity to improve the error messages displayed when attempting to import a bad/problematic model.
- IFC import has been simplified; instead of two different buttons for importing Levels or Buildings, we have now gathered all these settings in a single dialog.
- This dialog also comes with a full set of advanced option settings for detailed control over import:
- We have also added a Filter field to the IFC import dialog, to make it easier to find specific parts of the structure you are importing.
- A new option has been added to IFC Export, Export smoother 2D graphics, which results in higher detail for exported 2D. This option is enabled by default.
- General speed improvements have been implemented for IFC import/export.
This is noticeable mainly for import, where you may see improvements of up to two or three times as fast. You may also see improvements when exporting to IFC, especially when exporting drawings containing large numbers of identical objects.
- Added support for importing from multiple IFC sites.
- The Material Explorer dialog should now open faster.
- The Control Panel now offers an option to Show or Hide the distance unit for millimeters (mm). Default is to show the measurement unit.
- Updated placement order for Baseline Dimensions, so they behave the same as regular dimensions, and allow for adjustment during placement.
- In Paper view, we have added two new options to the quick property box for the Column Balloon add-on; Auto Text and Text can be used to add text next to baseline dimension measures.
- When using replication tools, the Try to connect box now defaults to being checked.
- Fixed problem with the Categorization dialog that could cause the Expand button to look enabled, even though there was nothing to expand.
- Fixed problem with the Categorization dialog that would cause parent categories to not show as unchecked when all sub-categories were in fact unchecked.
- Fixed problem with the Categorization dialog that could cause all expanded categories to be collapsed when a new custom category was created.
- Fixed problem with the Categorization dialog that would cause some buttons to become inaccessible if the dialog was resized to be too small.
- Fixed problem with the Catalogue Browser that could cause the tab to flicker or change positions when enabling a large Catalogue from the settings.
- Fixed problem with the Finish Summary that could sometimes prevent it from updating properly.
- Fixed problem with Calculation and freeform picklist that could cause Volume and Area to show as using Feet, even when the system was set to use Inches as distance unit.
- Fixed problem with printing of Article Views, with detailed information enabled, that could cause some Tag information to not be visible if more than one tag was involved.
- Improved the error message displayed when attempting to load a paper that requires one or more missing Extensions.
- Fixed problem with Bathroom Accessories that could cause bathtubs to behave oddly when trying to stretch past the opposite end.
- Fixed problem with Office Accessories that would prevent computer and laptop screens from correctly receiving new wallpapers when using the Propagate tool from the quick property box.
- Fixed problem with creation of holes in Custom Shapes that could sometimes cause the hole to be visible in 3D, but not 2D.
- Fixed problem with CAD export that could cause some objects to not retain their correct positions after export.
- Fixed problem with imported images and brightness settings that could cause the brightness setting to not be correctly taken into account when printing.
- Fixed problem with Levels that would allow editing of Level settings while in a different Tab; despite settings explicitly blocking this.
- Fixed problem with windows that would prevent circular windows from displaying correct graphics when open.
- Fixed problem with the Material Explorer that could cause the scrollbar to disappear when resizing the dialog.
- Fixed problem with zero point and IFC import/export that could cause inconsistent zero point placement. CET Designer will now also warn during export, if there is no zero point in the drawing.
- Fixed problem with the Movement aid tool, that would not update accordingly when numbers were deleted in the distance field of the quick property box.
- Fixed problem with placement of Chairs and the Undo function, that could prevent interaction with some objects until the drawing was saved and reloaded.
- Fixed problem with Hide trailing zero for dimensions, that could cause it to not correctly hide the trailing zero for all distance units. We have also taken the opportunity to change it so that the same term is used for both Fractions and decimal numbers.
- Fixed problem with Elevation views containing architectural objects that could generate unwanted extra lines in the view.
- Adjusted positioning of all Help buttons inside of component tabs for all Configura released Extensions.
- Fixed issue that could cause a crash when importing contact information from Outlook.