CET 13.5 Minor: February 20, 2023
Please note that the following release notes are preliminary and can be subject to change.
News & Changes
- The Wall settings dialog now offers control over the Opacity type as a new setting.
- The Walls settings dialog now includes an option for adding a threshold to doors.
- Added an option to the Paper View for quickly creating PDF file.
- Updated all tables in Kitchen Accessories to support stretching both in width and depth.
- Added a Picklist tool to the Essential Kitchen EU Extension.
- A new free material pack has been made available for the Kitchen & Bath edition of CET.
This pack contains over 150 different materials in a mix of wallpapers, tiles, and wood patterns for use with both walls and floors.
Fixes & Enhancements
- Improved performance for Twinmotion for CET when updating the scene in Twinmotion.
- Improved performance for the Calculate Area tool when dealing with imported DWG files.
- If you do not have enough free disk space to install an update, CET will now warn you before trying to install.
- CET will now be more aggressive about cleaning up temp files for downloaded Catalogue objects, this should hopefully lead to reduced disk usage.
- Improved highlighting for the Normal View mode button to help make it clearer which view mode CET is currently in.
- Fixed issue with RevLink that could cause a crash when importing a file containing duplicate materials.
- Fixed issue with Paper View that could in rare circumstances cause a crash when creating a new Paper.
- Fixed issue with loading of Favorite files containing a Pallet Racking legend that could cause a crash.
- Fixed problem with 3D PDF creation that would cause Racking to not be included in the export.
- Fixed problem with Ind. Tags that prevented them from being recategorized.
- Fixed problem with DWG export that could cause XREF files to get garbled file names if the file name contained Japanese characters.
- Fixed problem with stretching of some Catalogue objects that could cause the stretching animation to be “off” from the position of the cursor.
- Added several missing Japanese translations in the Essential Pallet Racking Extension.
- Added missing translations for several languages in the Essential Kitchen EU Extension.
- Fixed problem with DWG export that could in some cases result in unnecessarily large DWG files.
- Fixed problem with DWG export that could cause CET to use excessive amounts of RAM.
- Fixed problem with imported DWG objects that could cause objects and tools to snap to hidden DWG lines.
- Fixed problem with Undo and thin walls placed on imported DWG lines that could cause CET to freeze up.
- Changed behavior for View Clip editing in order to prevent accidental deletion; CET will no longer automatically select the View Clip frame when you go into editing mode.
- Fixed problem with the Multiple line text option for Article Views that could cause text to overlap.
- Fixed problem with Rendering of 3D View Ports that could in some circumstances cause rendered objects to turn solid black when exporting to PDF.
- Fixed problem with View Clips and the Show part tag colors add-on that could cause DWG texts to change colors in addition to the tagged objects themselves.
- Fixed problem with the Pick and set material tool that could cause it to pick up the wrong material.
- Fixed problem with the Change selected option from the Select material dialog that could in some cases cause it to not correctly change the material of the selected objects.
- Fixed problem with the Material Select dialog that could prevent material thumbnails from loading.
- Fixed problem with moving Tagging rectangles and Undo that could cause objects to retain the tag, even though Undo has moved the rectangles away from the object.
- Fixed multiple problems with Tags and Levels that could prevent objects on a Level from correctly inheriting Tags.
- Fixed problem with Text set to be hidden from print, that could cause it to still be visible when switching to Normal view mode.
- Fixed problem with the Photo Lab Kitchen pre-sets that caused them to not have a defined render quality level.
- Fixed problem with the Photo Lab that could cause a previously used Panorama background to remain visible in the 3D view after creating a new drawing.
- Fixed problem with Snip to Photo Lab that could cause objects not included in the snipped area to still be visible in the rendered image.
- Fixed problem with objects placed in Blocks that could prevent them from responding when changing View modes.
- Fixed problem with Article views in Paper View that could prevent the Article view from listing picklist contents if the picklist is inside of a block.
- Fixed problem with the Calculation dialog that could prevent dropdowns at the bottom of the view from showing correctly if too close to the edge.
- Fixed problem with Picklist changes that would cause CET to not notice them for the purpose of warning about unsaved changes when closing CET.
- Fixed problem with Properties for Label texts that could cause the text field to glitch out when typing in more text than would fit in the field.
- Fixed problem when stretching a Text object that would cause its contents to be hidden.
- Fixed problem with automatic line breaking for the Text object in Paper View that could cause unwanted "<” and “>” characters to be added to the text contents.
- Fixed problem with automatic measurements for Rack groups that could cause the group measurement indicators to be lost.
- Fixed problem with Chain Dimensions when using Feet and inches and fractions as the distance unit, which could cause 1’ to be displayed as 12”.
- Fixed problem with Dimensions and View clips that prevented the View clips from updating visible Dimensions unless clicked on.
- Fixed problem with re-rendering of Elevation views in older drawings that could cause it to fail to render some objects.
- Fixed problem with rendering of Elevation Views that could in some cases cause text/number overlays or similar extras to be out of position.
- Fixed problem with Ind. Tags that prevented holding down the Shift key from overriding rotation angle settings to allow for free rotation.
- Fixed problem with the setting for Rotate from any connector that could cause some objects to rotate instead of stretching.
- Fixed problem with Levels that could in some cases prevent Levels from being correctly selected when clicked on in the Level overview.
- Fixed problem with the Render Accelerator that could sometimes cause the process to refer to an old IP number for the target server without first checking that the IP is still valid.
- Fixed problem with SketchUp export that could cause some black materials to come out as white.
- Fixed problem with the 2D Fill option for carpets that could cause Follow 3D to mess with the draw order for carpets in the 2D view, showing them as above objects.
- Fixed problem with IFC export that could sometimes cause resulting IFC files to not be openable in the Demo3D program.
- Fixed problem with Essential Racking that could cause EUR 1 pallets to shift position on the rack to the front, when grabbed and dragged to reposition sideways.
- Added missing text for some Essential Racking properties boxes, which caused CET to show $SRBeamShape.beams instead of the actual text.
- Fixed problem with Essential Racking that could in some circumstances cause beams to detach from upright frames when using pre-specified unit loads.
- Fixed problem with Essential Racking that would prevent the Pre-configurator from updating the preview to reflect an increase in beam height.
- Fixed problem with Essential Racking Excel reports that could prevent unit load changes from being reflected in the resulting report.
- Fixed problem with updating of CET that could wreak havoc on the Go back to previous version tool from the Help menu.